How does our economy work? This page is dedicated to studying materials on various economic sectors. Because no economist should walk away from her education with a head full of only theory, without knowing what the actual economy looks like.
- Statistics Netherlands (CBS) provides an amazingly detailed picture of the Dutch economy and its strategic global position.
- Robert Neuwirth went underground, and wrote an excellent ethnographic account of the global informal economy.
- War, Disaster and the Global Aid Market. How do these sectors work?
- Debunking Public vs Private Sector Myths. How do the public and private sector actually differ from each other?
- The Story of Stuff is a short animated documentary about the lifecycle of material goods. Very informative.
More materials coming up! N.B.: If you have good teaching materials to add to this page, do let us know.